Sunday, November 27, 2005

Winter Solstice Books

The year's end signals the time for self-serving Year in Review/Holiday book lists which feature the publisher's promotion of its own/employees' books. This year, 5 of the 61 nonfiction titles on the NYT's "Most Notable Books" list are written by curent or former Times staffers. Who knew the Times' staff was so friggin' literary? (The Greenhouse and Eichenwald books actually might be worth reading.)

And, of course, National Review Online's holiday list has more plugs in it than John Derbyshire's toy chest.

I don't have my own book to plug this year (Grand Old Police Blotter: The Encyclopedia, Vol. 1 comes out in time for Father's Day, 2006), but I'd be happy to plug any tomes written by my readers. Just let me know in comments or via e-mail.

If you don't have your own book to flog, feel free to recommend a title you enjoyed or would like to find under the Festivus Fir.

No comments: