Thursday, December 07, 2006

I Can't Complain But Sometimes I Still Do

It's undoubtedly a measure of how fortunate I am that the last three months probably have been the least pleasant of my adult life. That "persistent but not-particularly-serious" medical problem I mentioned in mid-September was a little more serious and persistent than I'd manage to convince myself. (Just like the outcome of the mid-term election was a little more serious that Karl Rove thought.) Every day for the past six weeks, I've spent more hours dealing with the problem than doing anything else besides work. (And that includes sleep.) But that's over. I still have a medical condition to deal with, but I'll just have to take medication and see the doctor on occasion. (When I no longer have the condition -- then I'm fucked.)

All that's left is to wait and see what my insurance covers -- and doesn't cover. That's the scary part.

Now that I've got my free time back, I'll be blogging more often again. Stay tuned for my sixteen-part series, Health Care in Crisis: The Nation's Worst Hospitals, Physicians, HMOs and Drug Companies. And some Mary Cheney jokes.

No comments: