Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Confections of Stain Augustine, Part II

"I want to apologize to National Review Online, my friends and colleagues here at RedState, and to any others that have been affected over the past few days. I also want to apologize to my previous editors and writers whose work I used inappropriately and without attribution. There is no excuse for this - nor is there an excuse for any obfuscation in my earlier statement.

"I hope that nothing I've done as a teenager or in my professional life will reflect badly on the movement and principles I believe in.

"I'm deeply grateful for the love and encouragment of all those around me. And although I may not deserve such support, it makes it that much more humbling at a time like this. I'm a young man, and I hope that in time that I can earn a measure of the respect that you have given me.

"Regards,

"[Stain]"

"The principles I believe in."

I love that gag.

You didn't use the work of your previous editors without permission. You slandered them. You know, by falsely claiming that they inserted the work of others into your copy.

It's nice to see that you didn't apologize to the Post. It got what it deserved.

Now shut the fuck up until you apologize to the children of Dr. and Mrs. King, and their friends and supporters.

No comments: