Saturday, February 05, 2005

I Wish I'd Said That

"Right Turns is yet another one of those memoirs about how the author started out as an idealistic liberal only to become disillusioned and realize the real money was to be made as a conservative shill wearing his apostate's sincerity as a merit badge. It's a warmer, fuzzy-wuzzier account of the same ideological odyssey documented by David Horowitz in I Taught the Black Panthers the Funky Chicken and Roger L. Simon in his forthcoming Damn, I Wish My Memoir Had Come out before Medved's: Maybe I Can Hit Him up for a Blurb. The grandaddy of the genre is Norman Podhoretz, whose searing anecdotes recounting the snubs he's received at cocktail parties after swerving right are now old enough to have their own AARP cards." -- Who Else?

Mickey Kaus is writing one, too, as soon as he learns how to write.

No comments: