Sunday, February 20, 2005

An Embarassment Of Riches

I've delayed posting this so that my vast influence wouldn't skew the voting. Or because I didn't realize voting had already closed.

One of those.

The only problem with the 2004 Koufax Awards is that there are too many good blogs to choose from.

Take Most Humorous Blog. Voters have to choose between TBogg, World O' Crap, Jesus' General and Happy Furry Puppy Story Time with Norbizness. (The others are all great too.) When was the last time the Motion Picture Academy had to choose between four such equally qualified nominees. Because they were equally good, that is.

I'd have to say TBogg is most in synch with my sense of humor, but they're all consistently brilliant.

Every one of the nominees in the Best Writing category is a gifted writer. My vote is going to Jim Capozzola, but I envy the talents of all the nominees.

As for the new blogs, as Dwight Meredith says, "Now, there are so many new blogs of such high quality that it is impossible to be familiar with them all."

If only there was enough time to read them all.

No comments: