Sunday, September 12, 2004

I'd like to thank James Wolcott for including Roger Ailes in the blogroll for his self-titled new blog.

My first recollection of Mr. Wolcott's work was his New Republic essay skewering Jay McInerney's Bright Lights, Big City and similar works, which I must have read from the womb. Since that time, I've eagerly read everything he's written.

I'm currently enjoying Wolcott's Attack Poodles And Other Media Mutants, after braving Barnes & Noble's customer "service" to locate it. ("Where's your new non-fiction section?" "I don't think we have one.") The book's surgical strikes on the likes of Mickey Kaus and Robt. Novak are a joy to read.

Wolcott's blogging has already pissed off the already piss-saturated wingnutosphere (and "humorist" Dave Barry) with its objectively pro-hurricane opinions. (No links to those wankers; they're easy enough to find.) Further proof you don't need a sense of humor to use a computer.

No comments: