Friday, January 14, 2011

Civil Discourse

Via Sadly, No!, I see that the President's call for civil dialogue already has worked wonders. Witlness Powertool Paul Mirengoff:

In a post last night, I criticized the use of a Yaqui prayer as the invocation to the memorial service in Tucson. In doing so, I failed to give the prayer the respect it deserves. Although I did not intend this as a slight to the religion or to the Yaqui tribe, it can clearly be interpreted as one. For this, I sincerely apologize to my readers, to the Yaqui tribe, to all tribal leaders and Indian people, and, specifically, to Carlos Gonzales who delivered the prayer. I regret my poor choice of words, and I have removed the post.

I call on all men and women of goodwill to link to Paul's post, multiple times if necessary, the ensure that Paul's epistle to the Powertoolians gets the recognition it deserves. We can all learn something from Paul's example.

No comments: