Saturday, March 01, 2008

More Pretzel Logic from Straight Talk

"However, in no way did I intend for his endorsement to suggest that I in turn agree with all of Pastor Hagee's views, which I obviously do not," McCain said in the statement.

...

McCain was pressed on the issue in Round Rock, Texas. Hagee "supports what I stand for and believe in," McCain said.

"When he endorses me, that does not mean that I endorse everything that he stands for and believes in," McCain said. "I don't have to agree with everyone who endorses my campaign."

He added that he was "proud" of Hagee's spiritual leadership of his congregation at the 17,000-member Cornerstone Church.

So Straight Talk doesn't support all of Hagee's views, but Hagee supports what he supports. And Straight Talk doesn't endorse everything Hagee believes, but he's proud of Hagee's spiritual leadership, which is, of course, reflected in Hagee's expression of his spiritual beliefs.

Perhaps they disagree on Diamondbacks' pennant chances this year, or some such secluar matter.

And perhaps some diligent reporter can now board the Straight Talk Express and ask the man which of Hagee's views he obviously doesn't agree with -- and which one he does.

No comments: