Saturday, December 18, 2004

The Worst Book Of 2004

Many websites and blogs are running year-end "Best Of" lists. Not surprisingly, I prefer Worst Of lists, which serve the useful purpose of warning people away from highly-promoted crap.

This post will be dedicated to nominations for the Worst Book of 2004. Nominations should be limited to books actually read -- at least a chapter. For example, I'm sure Michelle Malkin's In Defense of Racist Internment Camps is the actual Worst Book of 2004, but, since I haven't read it (beyond brief excerpts on the 'net), I wouldn't nominate it for this category. Likewise, I'm certain that I Am Richard Simmons by Tom Wolfe, that new Michael Crichton book and anything by Hugh Hewitt suck hard with a vengance, but I'll never waste time or money on those anyway.

(Technically, I guess, we're talking about the Most Disappointing Book, unless you're a glutton for punishment who seeks out bad writing.)

Nominations can be submitted in comments.

No comments: