Saturday, November 09, 2002

I am now offering my services as a paid political/wardrobe consultant to Montana pols, media outlets and rancher-hairdressers.

On November 4, I predicted: "Wild Card race: Facial boy loses to Baucus by 30+, due to rampant left-wing homophobia in Montana."

Well, the results are now in:

MONTANA

Reporting: 100%

Max Baucus, Dem (i) 202,908 (63%)
Mike Taylor, GOP 102,766 (32%)
Stan Jones, Lib 10,325 (3%)
Bob Kelleher, Grn 7,567 (2%)

My accuracy is almost frightening sometimes.

By the way, doesn't this result (among many others) shoot a huge-ass hole in the premise that the 2002 election was a referendum on the performance of President Bush, and the sub-premise that the voters "overwhelmingly gave their support" to Bush? Are two-thirds of Montana voters anti-Bush? Do the good folk of the Treasure State hold the view of NY-LA-Boston elites that Bush is a "child and imperialist"? I guess so.

No comments: