Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Inside Nick Kristof

A Roger Ailes Special Investigation Into TimesSelect, Part 3

Nick Pistof's blog, called "On The Ground," has a few more entries than does Tierney's, and it has some video that I haven't watched.

There's not much substance, as this entry reveals:

I'm headed off in a few hours to Niger in West Africa, so I'm not sure how much I'll add to this in the next week. But I'm traveling with Naka Nathaniel, my partner in multimedia columny, and he'll be preparing some video and sound presentations from Niger.

By the way, since everybody looks blank when I say Niger, it's properly pronounced Nee-jair, the French way, not as if it were Nigeria with the last two letters lopped off.

Oh, and if I find any of Saddam Hussein's agents in Niger, looking for uranium, I'll be sure to tell Valerie Plame and Joe Wilson, not to mention the Veep. Now that would be a fine column.

Oh, you kidder.

And if I find anthrax in my mail, I'll be sure to tell Steve Hatfill.

Pistof seems a little pissed about his extra duties: "....I'm not filing much for 'On the Ground.' My apologies. I've been bouncing over roads all day, and the only way to get an Internet connection is with a satellite phone. And that means sitting around outside at night when the malarial mosquitoes are most active.If I get malaria again, I'm going to sue 'On the Ground.'"

Two words, Nick: workers' compensation. And one more: STFU.

Pistof includes Talking Points Memo, TPM Cafe, Juan Cole and Beliefnet in his blogroll. And the U.S. Naval Observatory Clock. And he claims that he's currently reading nine different books. Yeah, right.

Bonus Tidbit: Fans of Atrios and Daily Kos may find it interesting that BoBo Brooks has the Bull Moose Blog in his blogroll. And National Review Online.

No comments: