Friday, December 08, 2006

Shareef Don't Like Wetzel's Pretzels

Here's all you need to know about the one-day wonder domestic terror story that was all rage in rightwingnutisan:

The CS then stated: "All you need is like $100, that's two grenades," and SHAREEF answered, "I'm pretty sure I can get more than that from my sister." Several minutes later, SHAREEF stated: "If Allah wills a lot of people around that garbage can, that place is crowded."

If Allah can't get this genius a hundred dollars, how the hell is he going to get a crowd to stand around a garbage can? Making the faithful swap their stereo equipment to wage jihad just makes a deity look like a cheap-ass.

As a good lefty blogger, I suppose this is where I should point that every faith has its adherents who are unstable and believe that God calls upon them to engage in acts of senseless violence. But you already know that.

For me, the most interesting part of the story was the number of articles that placed the mall in "Chicago" or a "Chicago suburb," even though Rockford's close to 90 miles from Chicago. (See USA Today, for example.) That's like saying Sacramento is a suburb of San Francisco.

No comments: