Part III -- Multiple Guess
(One point each)
1. Which one of the following moronic statements by a blogger is fake:
a. "[K]nowing what I think I know about Cheney, there is no one in North America who I'd rather hunt with." -- John "Assrocket" Hinderaker
b. "Instead of picking up a gun and commanding an army, [Patrick] Henry relied on his better skills and went into politics and rhetoric to fight for freedom." -- "Captain" Ed Morrisey
c. "All women with large breasts are sluts." -- Ann Althouse
d. " If you seek hostility to Jews and Israel, you will find it in the same left wing blogosphere that spreads the vile venom against Lieberman." -- Marshall "Bullshit Moose" Wittmann
2. Which of the following Senators voted for the cloture motion which allowed the nomination of Samuel Alito to go to a vote of the full Senate?
a. Robert Byrd (D-VW)
b. Joe Lieberman (D-CT)
c. Maria Cantwell
d. Mary Landrieu (D-LA)
e. All of the above
3. On his low-rated radio show, Matt Drudge offered the following defense of Congressman Mark Foley (R-FL):
a. Foley was working on a sting of Dateline NBC's Chris Hansen
b. "The kids are egging the Congressman on."
c. "Bitch set him up."
d. "Foley's not gay; he was almost married once."
4. Which of the following drunks sought treatment before his high-profile scandal in 2006?
a. Charles Kennedy (Lib Dem -- Ross, Skye and Lochaber)
b. Rep. Mark Foley (R-FL)
c. Mel Gibson
d. Rep. Bob Ney (R-OH)
e. Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-RI)
5. Which of the following Presidential hopefuls supported Bush's invasion of Iraq? (Choose all applicable names):
a. Sen. Joseph Biden
b. Sen. Hillary Clinton
c. Sen. Chris Dodd
d. Sen. John Edwards
e. Rep. Dennis Kucinich
f. Sen. Barack Obama
6. The biggest loser, percentage-wise, in the November 2006 elections was:
a. Thomas Kean, Jnr.
b. Sen. Rick Santorum
c. Sen. Mike DeWine
d. Sen. Lincoln Chafee
7. The following author/s and book were featured on Meet the Press with Tim Russert:
a. Markos Moulitsas Zuniga, co-author, Crashing the Gates
b. Glenn Reynolds, author, An Army of Davids
c. Sheri Zollinger and Scott Clevenger, authors, Better Living Through Bad Movies
d. John Podhoretz, author Can She Be Stopped?
e. Michael Berube, author The BeRube Code
8. Which 2008 G.O.P. presidential hopeful once said "Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno."
a. Sen. Sam Brownback
b. Gov. "Mitt" Romney
c. Rep. Duncan Hunter
d. Sen. John McCain
9. In the November 2006 election, the Democrats gained how many seats in the U.S. House of Representatives?
10. As of December 2006, the cost of Bush's invasion of Iraq is:
a. At least 354 billion dollars in U.S. expenditures
b. At least 3,000 U.S. soldiers' lives
c. At least 52,000 Iraqi civilian lives
d. Not one second of George Bush's sleep
e. All of the above