Monday, July 05, 2004

Veep-A-Palooza

Senator Kerry's going to name his anti-Dick tomorrow, or so it's said:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Sen. John Edwards interrupted his Walt Disney World vacation last week to meet with Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, adding a new level of intrigue to the vice presidential search, which Democrats expect to end Tuesday.

Kerry must select a vice presidential candidate at the Democratic National Convention, which begins in Boston on July 26. Delegates will be asked to formally nominate his pick.

The Massachusetts senator said Monday he had not settled on a running mate, but that didn't stop the rampant speculation in Democratic circles. Party leaders said they were told to expect a decision Tuesday.

Post your guesses, rumors and hopes in Comments.

It's a safe bet it won't be me, but otherwise I don't have a clue.

I did get these kind words from the next President:

I want to thank you for your support for my candidacy and the Democratic Party. At a critical moment, you and tens of thousands of supporters stepped forward to ensure that I and the party had the resources needed to continue waging the most effective Democratic presidential campaign ever. No words can express how grateful I am for what you have done for this party.

But he still was mum on the veepstakes.

My hope is that it's someone who can take the fight to Dick. Someone unlike Joe Lieberman.

No comments: