Sunday, December 09, 2012

The Romney Curse Continues

"Hello Manny. I ran for president. I lost," Romney told the fighter, according to Pacquiao publicist Fred Sternburg.

Romney told Marquez, "I would have won if I was a Latino."

Update: Meanwhile, on the latest episode of People Unclear on the Concept of a Boxing Match: "Marquez feinted left and threw one of the most vicious short rights in recent boxing history, hitting Pacquiao flush in the face and sending him to the canvas, right in front of Mitt and Ann Romney’s ringside seats ('I couldn’t believe it, he went down right in front of me!' Ann said later.)"

1 comment:

Montag said...

I'm almost surprised that the headline didn't read: "Prominent defeated conservative expresses amazement that conservative is defeated."

Of course, there's no suggestion that maybe Marquez was handing the Rmoneybot a reply to that ill-considered comment.