Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Roger's News Soundtrack: Larry Craig Edition

Curly Howard once claimed, "I'm a victim of circumstance."

Do you remember when we used to dance
An incident arose from circumstance
One thing lead to another we were young
And we would scream together songs unsung

...

It was the heat of the moment....

Me too, says Larry Craig (R-Idaho), whose kids claim Lar is "victim of circumstance, in the wrong place at the wrong time."

I been in the right place
But it must have been the wrong time
I'd have said the right thing
But I must have used the wrong line

Specifically, "What do you think about that?"

Meanwhile, Craig has lawyered up, has changed his mind on the question of resignation, and is hoping to wipe the slate clean. He's asking the musical question:

Should I stay or should I go now?
Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go there will be trouble
And if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know

...

Should I cool it or should I blow?

(Okay, it's not art, but it worked for Rick Dees.)

No comments: