Sunday, August 01, 2004

You May Already Have Lost

Christopher Buckley has used his forum on the NYT Op-ed page to enter the Roger Ailes G.O.P. Convention Soundtrack Contest.

For the Red Team next month, I see a darkened Madison Square Garden. On the huge screen above the stage, dramatic images of American tanks roaring into Baghdad, the speakers suddenly booming Queen's "We Will Rock You!" Peter, Paul & Mary it ain't, but in music, as in policy, why not throw long?

I'm also tempted by ZZ Top's "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide."

Sorry, Chris. There's a greater chance of the G.O.P. burning Freddie Mercury in effigy than playing those tunes.

But, thanks for trying. As a consolation prize, here's a golden oldie selected especially for you:

Don't think that I don't need you
Don't think I don't wanna please you
No child of mine 'll be bearing
The name of shame I've been wearing

Love child, never quite as good...

No comments: