Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Part I -- 20 Points

Who Said It?

The premise explains itself.

1. "You are the best governor ever -- deserving of great respect!"

2. "But that's not how [Social Security] works. You pay your payroll tax; we pay for the people who have retired, and if there's any money left over, we spend it on government. That's how it works. And what's left is an empty IOU, a piece of paper. "

3. "Massages are routine in beauty shops in Cambodia and are not sexual, but for Srey Neth, they scream danger. I'm delighted."

4. "Ambitious, high-achieving women are still a turnoff in many areas, particularly if they're liberal and feminist."

5. "My whole life I've lived aboveboard. I've never even smoked a marijuana cigarette."

6. "There is no evidence that this memo came from the Republicans."

7. "Why should my past prevent me from having a future?"

8. "We have the ability to take him [Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez] out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability.

9. "Cool. The tsunami may have uncovered an ancient city."

10. "In no country except the United States have Jews felt fully a member of the national group in which they lived."

11. "She certainly seems to respond to visual stimuli."

12. "Out West, where you vacation, the aspens will already be turning. They turn in clusters, because their roots connect them. Come back to work -- and life."

13. "It has come to my attention that these statements are in error.... I did not contact Herzig-Yoshinaga or Irons directly.... I apologize to Irons and Herzig-Yoshinaga for the errors."

14. "And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this, this is working very well for them."

15. "Now move out of your parents's basements and join an Internet dating service
before you lose all your hair."

16. "I got it at Nordstroms .... Are you proud of me? Can I quit now? Can I go home?"

17. "People are beginning to think that your illness may have affected your brain, your judgment and your ability to do this job."

18. "The 9/11 Commission bears some responsibility for the disaster that American disaster relief has become.... But there was no deliberation after the commission issues its report and browbeat Washington into doing what they said. So Washington did. And FEMA is a mess. And New Orleans is a mess."

19. "[W]e need to get some $ from those monkeys!!!!"

20. "I'm never going to underestimate al Qaeda -- Never."

Scoring: One point for each correct answer.

No comments: