Monday, April 26, 2004

Josh Marshall is proposing to cover the Democratic and Republican conventions this summer and report on the proceedings at Talkingpointsmemo.com. As a columnist for The Hill as well as one of the most eloquent writers who blogs, Marshall is certainly likely to get press-credentialed access to both venues.

I hope the Democratic Party provides at least some sort of convention access to progressive bloggers without SCLM ties, including those linked at the DNC's own blog, Kicking Ass, and/or many of the fine writers listed to the right.

This isn't self-promotion, since I have neither the time nor the abilities to undertake such an effort. I will happily follow the Democratic convention from my couch, watching on C-SPAN. (Plus, my meager talents for ridicule would be much better used at the Republican National Convention.) But I would eagerly read dispatches from Boston from the many lefty bloggers I read daily.

And it would help the Dems get their story out while the mighty mainstream media flatulates on and on about Wafergate, Medalomania and Teresa's taxes.

No comments: