Friday, February 28, 2003

Our Secret Weapon In The War Against Terror

John Ellis, former stooge to the other Roger and election theft enabler, has been named a Senior Fellow at the Combating Terror Center at West Point. I know I feel much safer already.

Ellis's qualifications for the job are at the same time both blindingly obvious and completely obscure. Here's Ellis's own bio, from his blog:

By way of introduction, my name is John Ellis. I am the "Digital Matters" columnist for Fast Company Magazine and a former columnist for Inside.com/Inside Magazine, New York Press and The Boston Globe. I also work as a consultant and speak to various business and academic audiences. Prior to my bifuracted life as a columnist and consultant, I worked as a political analyst and producer for the NBC News Election Unit.

My politics, generally speaking, are conservative. I am also a great believer in emerging technologies. I think they will transform how we work and function. And I am optimistic that they will do so for the better.

This blog will largely be devoted to news analysis, commentary and opinion. The subjects will include business, technology, politics, golf, news media, advertising, P2P, books and general weirdness as it appears.

With qualifications like that -- and insider information like this -- how can you go wrong?

But international terror's loss is the blog-reading world's gain. Says Ellis:

What free time I have -- after the regular consulting work and column writing -- I plan to devote to the Center. So I'm discontinuing the blog for the time being and perhaps for good.

I guess John can only "bifuract" his life so many times.

No comments: