Wednesday, February 12, 2003

It's Official!

The nation of France is the largest collection of war-avoiding cowards since Dick Cheney introduced George W. Bush as the keynote speaker at Rush Limbaugh's First Annual Conference of Warbloggers.

And, speaking of chicken-fried chickenhawks, the Washington Post reports:

[Republican bug chaser Tom] DeLay is trying a more personal approach. "I was at a celebration of India's Independence Day," he told reporters, "and a Frenchman came walking up to me and started talking to me about Iraq, and it was obvious we were not going to agree. And I said, 'Wait a minute. Do you speak German?' And he looked at me kind of funny and said, 'No, I don't speak German.' And I said, 'You're welcome,' turned around and walked off."

DeLay's story is almost certainly a fabrication, although the Post doesn't question it. The article also doesn't mention DeLay the Liberator's avoidance of military service during the Vietnam War.

No comments: