Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Seaching for Jimmy Jones

They’re looking for Jesus
They’re looking for more
Just what are they looking up here to me for
They’re looking for someone
They’re looking for Christ
They’re looking for some human sacrifice
One of the survivors speaks:
"We were running a kind of happy cult when Andrew was in charge, and when Andrew died everyone had an incentive to spin what they thought he was up to," said one former employee. "If he knew he was going to die, I'm sure he would have called a dinner the night before and given us the tablets or something…. But he didn't.
And they would have gladly provided their own Kool-Aid to wash them down.
I sell the things you need to be 
I'm the smiling face on your TV
I'm the cult of personality
I exploit you, still you love me
I told you one and one make three
I'm the cult of personality
(link via TBogg

No comments: