Friday, August 05, 2005

Congratulations To The Residents Of Ohio's Second District

Good news. Joe Braun has not been gagged.

Campaign manager Joe Braun, who is overseeing Schmidt's transition, said her campaign office would remain open so it can gear up for next year's re-election campaign.

In the meantime, Schmidt made herself at home in her new office.

"Can I get an outside line? How do I do that?" she called out, then dialed her husband, Peter, a financial adviser for the investment firm Legg Mason.

"Guess where I'm sitting?" she asked. "I'm sitting at my new desk in my new office in Washington, D.C."

Schmidt also called her daughter, Emilie, who worked in the same office as an intern for Portman. Braun worked there as a Portman intern in 1995.
Joe and Emilie would make a cute couple.

No comments: