Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Where Is His Sense Of Outrage?

John McCain on the former Jerry Falwell:

"I join the students, faculty, and staff of Liberty University and Americans of all faiths in mourning the loss of Reverend Jerry Falwell. Dr. Falwell was a man of distinguished accomplishment who devoted his life to serving his faith and country. Our thoughts and prayers are with Dr. Falwell's family at this difficult time."

Jerry Falwell on Richard Cohen:

"Who will the Antichrist be? I don't know. Nobody else knows. Is he alive and here today? Probably. Because when he appears during the Tribulation period he will be a full-grown counterfeit of Christ. Of course, he'll be Jewish."

Richard Cohen on John McCain:

"Earlier this year a close friend of John McCain gave me fair warning: McCain was about to become much more conservative, and I would not like what was coming. He was right. I did not like McCain's speech at Jerry Falwell's Liberty University, and I think his support of intelligent design is -- sorry, John -- just plain brainless. But it is not the supposedly new McCain that bothers me...."

Where is his sense of outrage?

Apparently it's not the bigot you personally embrace, it's the bigot you have nothing to do with whom you must repudiate.

(More on "Doctor" Falwell here. Jerry's bigotry was anything but one-dimensional.)

No comments: