Monday, June 28, 2004

Grand Old Police Blotter: Contributing To The Delinquency Of A Minor?

Is Peggy Noonan getting underaged boys liquored up? A vigilant reader (Leslie) in comments alerts us to the possibility, but I'll let Pegaloon speak for himself.

From a 2002 interview:

Noonan: The last time I spoke to Reagan was in '98. I'd been asked to speak at the Reagan Library and brought my son, who was eleven years old at the time.

Nooners in June 2004, describing her activities at a bar in Union Station:

[Oatsie] said, "I would like a cool, dry chardonnay." I said that sounded just about right. My son wanted a Japanese beer. He had earned it.

Six years ago, Nooners' unfortunate offspring was eleven. At most, he's 18 or 19 now. Now, Nooners doesn't explicitly say she bought the pretentious little prat a beer, although she suggests she gave it to him as a reward.

This calls for an investigation.

No comments: