Saturday, October 30, 2004

Do Not Call

Like most sane people, I've been enjoying the absence of telemarketing messages on my voice mail and the absence of evening interruptions from phone solicitors. I can't recall the last time I've heard from a carpet cleaner, roofer or vacation-scam peddler.

In the past few weeks I've gotten no recorded calls from political campaigns, either, even though I recieved many right before the elections in 2000 and 2002. I understood that political campaigns/candidates were exempt from the Do Not Call Registry legislation. Have politicians taken the hint from the popularity of Do Not Call and voluntarily abandoned the practice so as not to annoy potential voters?

(You know, if I was an actual reporter instead of just a blogger, I could investigate this.)

No comments: