Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Debate Post Mortem

Sorry. My e-mail was down, so Tad Devine and Bob Shrum weren't able to tell me what I thought about the debate. (Guys, once our man is elected, I expect dinner at the Oval Room at least once a week.)

My "thoughts" on the debate:

Dick was dragging. (Daddy's boy even agrees with me on this one.) On the radio, you could hear in his voice the fatigue, boredom, and resentment for having to carry Bush's sorry ass. Let's put the man out of his misery.

Shorter Dick Cheney: When I said I've never met John Edwards before tonight, I meant that Saddam Hussein was connected to 9/11. Fucking AIDS in African-American women? Why didn't that fucking Jim Baker get me Russert like I told him?

Edwards was well prepared, and effectively communicated Bush's inconsistencies and Dick's rabid right-wing voting record. He was less effective on the Bush/Dick mischaracterization of Kerry's positions.

Post-debate post mortem: CNN Idiot Bill Hemmer to focus group of (supposed) undecideds: "Did the debate help you to make up your mind on who to vote for, yes or no? Raise your hands."

No comments: