Sunday, July 06, 2003

Roger's Lemon-Fresh Mail Sack

One of the most enjoyable things about publishing this blog is the feedback I receive both in comments and e-mail. I've also noticed that I get two types of e-mail at rogerailes@hotmail.com that I don't often get at other e-mail addresses: The Nigerian/third-world-country bank account-wire transfer scam and a German/Swedish language cam-girls solicitation. I get at least two or three of each per week, much more than in any other account I've had. The address must have gotten onto lists for these particular enterprises.

Sometimes the spam is more interesting. Last week, I got an e-mail from a gentleman seeking a talent agent in the independent gay film industry. Must have gotten me confused with Mike Ovitz or something. But the best part of the e-mail was the sender's claim, "I actually am known in my films for performing with lemons, a unique niche." Can't argue with that.

It must be a gag, but I'm afraid I don't get it.

No comments: