Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Redick Redux

Republican Mayor Dennis Redick does claim that there's a woman to blame. And his girlfriend now claims that she was the aggressor and Redick was the innocent victim.

Originally, according to the Indianapolis Star,

[Sylvia] Clemons told officers that Redick then pushed her onto the hood of the car and held her there until the limo driver, Russell Holloman, pulled him away, the [police report] says.

Upon reflection, however, Clemons claims that Dennis is the noblest noble in all of Noblesville:

"Like many couples, Dennis and I have issues that we continually work on as our relationship grows," Clemons said in a prepared statement. ". . . Last Thursday night, my frustration with a recurring issue of ours led to my taking this argument too far. I began to hit Dennis around the shoulder and abdomen area, and Dennis tried to restrain me. He grabbed my wrists to prevent me from hitting him and pushed my wrists against my chest. This apparently left the impression that his hands were around my neck, which was not the case."

The woman went on to say that she has struggled with alcohol in the past and she was intoxicated Thursday night "to the point I lost control."

It is not known whether Clemons's struggles with alcohol involved her hitting the alcohol in the abdomen and the alcohol grabbing her wrists and pinning her to the hood of a limousine.

Maybe the District Attorney should charge them both with battery and let a jury (or juries) sort it out.

No comments: