Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My favorite bit of William F. Buckley's ballyhooed column on the miserable failure's miserable failure.

"It would not be surprising to learn from an anonymously cited American soldier that he can understand why Saddam Hussein was needed to keep the Sunnis and the Shiites from each others' throats."

Buckley lacks the balls to attribute that opinion to himself, so he puts the words in the mouth of a hypothetical soldier. And tortures the language to do so. The truth is, it wouldn't be noteworthy to learn of a solider having such an opinion. (Nor can you learn a fact from an opinion.) But if any serviceman or woman expressed that belief, the NR crowd would demand the punishment of that soldier for criticizing the Commander-in-Chief.

Go ahead Bill, say "I understand why Saddam Hussein was needed to keep the Sunnis and Shiites from each others' throats." Don't be such a coward your whole life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog
platform are you using for this website? I'm getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

my blog :: vera wang lavender label shoes

Anonymous said...

My developer is trying to convince me to move to .
net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the
expenses. But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WordPress on a variety
of websites for about a year and am concerned about switching to
another platform. I have heard excellent things about blogengine.
net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it?

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

Visit my weblog :: Best Dark Spot Corrector
Also see my web site - Garnier Dark Spot Corrector

Anonymous said...

Do yοu have а spam problеm οn thiѕ wеbsite; I alѕο am а blοgger, and Ι was сuriouѕ about yоur
ѕіtuation; we havе ԁeveloрeԁ sοmе nice proceԁuгes and ωe агe lookіng to еxсhange techniques ωith οther
folκs, ρleasе shoot mе аn e-maіl if inteгeѕtеd.


Мy homepage; top rated running shoes