Saturday, November 13, 2004

Withered Organ Music

Call me paranoid, but I have my suspicions that Dick's dicky ticker will be used to elevate Bush's chosen successor to Vice President well in advance of the 2008 election. The Washington Post reports:

If Cheney were to die in office or become incapacitated, Bush would have the right to nominate a new vice president, in accordance with the 25th Amendment, which went into effect in February 1967. The only stipulation is that the president's candidate be confirmed "by a majority vote of both houses of Congress."

Are you ready for Vice President Jeb?

I imagine the conversation going something like this:

"Dick, I'm concerned about your health, and the health of the party, too. I'd like you to consider stepping aside."

"Pardon?"

"Good. We understand each other then."

Also of interest:

Cheney maintains a diet that emphasizes fish, buffalo and salad, aides said.
And an occasional caribou or grizzly bear steak, to cleanse the arteries.

No comments: