Sunday, November 30, 2003

Roger's Book Sack

As everyone and their dog has already commented upon, President Clinton recently listed his 21 favorite books. I'm not sure I have 21 favorite books. I mean, I've read more than 21 books, and I suppose I could chose the 21 out of those I liked best, or 21 of those I would recommend to others, but I don't know I would call all of those "favorites." A favorite would be something I would read multiple times, and would pick up at any time just to re-read favorite sections.

So instead, I will list the one book that is a favorite that I wish I still had a copy of:

1. The Great American Baseball Card Flipping, Trading and Bubble Gum Book by Brendan Boyd and Fred Harris

Anyone who has read this book will know what I mean. It's obvious President Clinton has never read this book, or The Evolution of Civilizations: An Introduction to Historical Analysis wouldn't have made his list.

No comments: