Sunday, June 01, 2003

This is scary.

From the Capital Gang Home for the Politically Feeble:

[MARK SHIELDS:] Eric Rudolph, sought for the past five years as a domestic terrorist, was captured early Saturday by local police in Murphy, North Carolina. Attorney General John Ashcroft said, quote, "Working with law enforcement nationwide, the FBI always gets their man." Gets his man. Its man, should be. "This sends a clear message that we will never cease in our efforts to hunt down all terrorists, foreign or domestic, and stop them from harming the innocent," end quote.

Bob Novak, what does the capture of Eric Rudolph tell us about the capacity of the United States to stop terrorism at home?

ROBERT NOVAK, CAPITAL GANG: Well, nothing, absolutely nothing.

SHIELDS: Good, good, OK.

NOVAK: Absolutely nothing. The FBI didn't get its man, or, as it said in the statement, "their man."

SHIELDS: "Their man," that's right, (UNINTELLIGIBLE).

My comment on Ashcroft's statement re: Eric Rudolph is almost identical to No-Facts' statement, down to the ridicule of Ashcroft's mis-pronoun-ciation. I hope it's just such an obvious point, and doesn't reflect the fact that I'm begining to think like No-Facts. Of course, Novak also says that Asscrack's a "good man," which you wouldn't catch me saying absent the application of glowing poker to my genitals. And, actually, Novak's agreeing with me, rather than the other way around. So I think I'm okay.

No comments: