Saturday, June 12, 2004

Roger's Book Bag

Acting on a tip, I headed to the local bookmonger this afternoon on a mission of ego gratification.

And there it was. In the "Current Affairs" section. Located, ironically, to the right of Bob Bork's Slouching Toward Gomorrah and David Bossie's Intelligence Failure (surprisingly, not an autobiography) and to the left Sid Blumenthal's The Clinton Wars. The impeccably sourced The Republican Noise Machine: Right-Wing Media and How it Corrupts Democracy, by David Brock.

I'm humbled to report that Roger Ailes, the blog, is mentioned in the acknowledgments. Page 399.

Of course, I bought a copy.

And if you're on my holiday gift list, well, your present might not be much of a surprise.

Now, I'm going to read the rest of the book.

p.s. Nothing on the shelf by David Brooks. I'm sure the store was just sold out.

No comments: